Welcome Aboard!

Welcome Aboard!

"A Meeting"

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Some History

"A Meeting" is our 1982 Catalina 22 sailboat. I wish I could take credit for her name, but that was provided before we acquired her. I love it because when I tell someone I will be in a meeting all afternoon or evening I'm not lying...  "A Meeting" is in great shape for a 32 year old boat and as with most things of that age it reflects on years of care given by both current and previous owners.

We sail on Lake Hefner here in Oklahoma City. It's not a large lake, but it has beautiful sunsets and a charm all its own. With the prolonged drought of the past few years the water level has been erratic and "A Meeting" has had to be hauled out months at a time. Hopefully this dry time will pass soon and water levels will be more normal.

I volunteer with the Sea Scouts Ship 131 and have been sailing since about 2000. My wife Karen is a wonderful "First Mate" and we love sailing together, and I can't not mention our 2 salty dogs (Bichons) Sade and Samson who often join us on the lake.

Gentle Breezes
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment